Welcome to St Hilda’s
Island Bay Anglican Church
Salt and Light to our Community
When we gather
Sunday 10am (apart from Feb 12th @9am)
Thursday 10.15am (traditional)
Weekdays 7.15am Morning Prayer (Mondays and Fridays at church, Tue-Thu online)
We would love to connect with you. Feel free to take a moment to reach out to us and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why we gather
We believe that gathering together in faith is an essential part of a healthy life and we encourage others to join us in this
Who we are
Mark Henderwood – Priest in Charge
Michael Hartfield – Priest Assistant
Athena Richmond – Bishop’s Warden
Irene Studman – People’s Warden
Jonathan Cutts – Administration
Janene Cutts – Administration
Christine Cuthbert – Parish Chaplain
What we are like
- We practise traditional Anglican elements with contemporary engagement.
- We are a welcoming church who value visitors.
- We encourage participation and discussion alongside our teaching.
- We believe in good morning teas.
- We run a kids program that honours our young ones.
- We enjoy some variation in our musical worship.
- We believe that gathering as locals provides a richer experience than travelling across town.
- We encourage engagement in the community.
- We support missional development work
- We support the Diocese values:
We are disciples; We are family;
We prioritise the Biblical call to the last, the lost and the least.
Why we gather
We believe that gathering together in faith is an essential part of a healthy life and we encourage others to join us in this.
The coming together of believers is a glad and visible expression of its spiritual nature: believers are the called-out people of God, united by faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour.
We believe that Christianity is not individualistic, rather that it is a community of believers sharing in each other’s lives.
At their very core, church gatherings are not events held so that we can consume spiritual content. Church gatherings are an essential means of grace whereby believers worship and are equipped to live as God’s witness people in the world.
St Hilda’s Island Bay Anglican Church
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matt 11:28